Saturday, January 26, 2008
We had a lazy day....we watched Sponge Bob and napped. LOL Tonight is more productive. I hate being a night owl. I can stay up to 2-3 and get tons done...but during the day I can be a slug.
Here is a card that I have made. From the cat Birthday Card.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Yesterday, I went for my job interview. I found out that they didn't have a specific opening but wanted me to put a resume and application on file. They like to preinterview for jobs that might come up. Oh well!!!!
Sheldon on the other hand....was offered a job which he took. It is nice because it is only 5 minutes from the house and will be an interesting job. He will be doing research for the EPA on effects of nanoparticles from cosmetics on groundwater & surface water.
So that is a big strain off of us financially...he will still be able to work on his dissertation as they will be flexible with hours and such.
Today, was a try and get all my homework done day. I finished my social work but am still a bit behind on accounting. I am a bit brain dead again. I don't think I have ever done this much homework. I should have excpected that since they are both online classes. This afternoon Sheld and I went to Joann's and I found a great deal on paper...$20.00 packs on sale for $5.
Here are a couple of cards I made today.
One is for my nephew's birthday. He turned 9 this year...wow!!!
The other one was using one of my new $ stamps from Joann's.
I entered both of these into Paper Crafts Magazine's online monthly contest. It was using clear stamps. I have never one of their contests yet...but I will keep trying.
Thanks for looking. Jennie
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
|Your IQ Is 115|
Your Logical Intelligence is Exceptional
Your Verbal Intelligence is Exceptional
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Exceptional
Your General Knowledge is Above Average
A Quick and Dirty IQ Test
This is my first tag and I am supposed to answer 7 things about myself. This will probably be more than you ever wanted to know.....
- I am extremely shy...but nobody believes me. Growing up I wouldn't answer the teacher if called on in class. I am a lot better but overall am still really shy.
- I "met" my husband a few years before we really met. I worked at a real estate office and he bought his house from there. I thought he was pretty nerdy. I always tell him that he is nerdy...but what I don't tell him is that I like nerds. Which he should have figured out by now...since we are married.
- I was born in Chicago, moved to Washington State when I was 8, California when I was 19, back to Washington at 23, then to Georgia at 30. And in another year or will move again. And that wasn't due to military either. :)
- I have an older sister and a younger brother. They both have 2 boys. So I guess when it is time for dh and I have to have kids we better have a girl.
- I used to be a perfectionist when it came to creating....when I first started I would take hours on 1 card. I realized part of that was being afraid to create. Now I just go for it. If there is a mistake, I see it as part of the creativity. I still compare myself a lot with others...and am learning to accept my own creativity and talent and not worry so much about others. It is hard though when there are so many creative and talented people out there. I always want to be the best. :) I guess as long as Sheldon thinks I am...then I am happy.
- 3 out of the last 5 companies I have worked at have gone out of business since I have left. LOL I am not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign. It is a killer, looking for a job though....luckily I have some really good letters of reference. Also, before meeting my husband, 3 of the guys I dated married someone within 6 months of us breaking up. One guy, I told, don't worry...you will find someone....everyone does...and sure enough when I talked to him a few months later he met a great girl.
- I want to be a writer and like other parts of my life I am a bit afraid.....my mom just bought me a couple of books on writers for graduation and it is helping me. I have been doing some freeform writing. But, overall, they say that people aren't afraid of failure as much as they are of success.
Thanks for reading 7 things about me...now I guess I need to tag a couple of people....I think I am going to tag both Heidi and Katie....LOL They tagged me, but it is on another totally different subject. Check out their blogs...they are both very talented.
Heidi amazes me with her work and making cards with embossed images...I never know what to do with them and she comes up with fantastic ideas. Katie is really blossoming, she has started teaches classes at a scrapbook store in her area and really finding a niche.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Tonight, I finished 2. Yeah! The bug swap I had already made a set of cards, but decided I didn't like them. The other one I did tonight was Pampered ATC's. I decided to use a travel theme because that is the ultimate in pampering.