Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Having Fun Sewing...Kind of...



It has been a lot of work and a lot of restlessness since Grandma and grampa left. WOW...I guess we never had a chance to feel exhausted. All Abigail did today was sleep on Mommy or Daddy.
My mom had previously given me a really cute hat for Abby...and when I bought her a 6 piece outfit set which came with a hat I decided to make my own. I came up with the idea of using velcro so I can make the flowers interchangeable and to make washing easier. The flower I bought for $1.50 on sale at the craftstore. I already had the ribbon. It was very hard to sew on the sewing machine...I won't say how long it took me. YIKES. As I had to rethread the machine about 10 times and the needle still didn't want to move.


6 comments:

ant me. said...

Oh Jennie it is adorable! and our little Abby is just HUGGABLE!! : ) thank you for sharing!

Patti

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

OMGosh Jennie!!!! She is just precious!!! That little hat is the most adorable!!!! I can still remember holding my DD as she was that tiny!! And she just turned 18!!!! Enjoy every bit of snuggle time you get!!!

Annette said...

Great job on the the hat Jennie! Abby is so adorable!

Janice W. said...

Isn't she precious?! The hat is very cute too and I like the velcro idea! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Janice

Janice W. said...

Tag, you're It!!

Check out my blog if you want to play along. Only if you want to play because I know you are busy.
:) Janice

Deb Wood said...

Awwww what an awesome hat you made for darling Abby!!

divider

divider