Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My baby this week....

We just spent a week at my mom's house and Sheldon & I are not yet adjusted to being back home. I think Sheldon is scared by my nesting instinct. Last night, I had to wash all of our clothes and put them away. Clean out the suitcases and wash our top blanket on the bed as the kitties have decided that they are stressed when we are gone and it is time th shed.

We had a great time at my mom's, she gave us a bunch of classical music cd's. So we started listening to Mozart and boy does the baby kick when she hears the music. She wouldn't kick for grandma though as I think she has too calming of an influence. I also bought a few books to read to her.....Wizard of OZ, Rebecca on Sunnybrook Farm and Heidi. I figured we would read books to her that would be fun for us to listen too....plus, she will be used to both mine and Sheldon's voice.

A few of mine friends like it when I do the what is the baby this week......I am going to try and do a poll....but I guess there is a right answer....hehehehe, I will tell it after people play for a bit.

Have a great day. Jennie

4 comments:

Bee said...

Glad you had a good relaxing week. I am not surprised your baby loves Mozart, most babies do, that's why there are so many baby CDS with lullabies who have Mozart stuff on them! :-)

When I was pregnant with Naomi I had bought this little Nature sounds box and I would play it not too far from my belly putting it on "ocean" to try and get her used to the sounds so that I could use it after she was born to calm her down! It worked so-so since she was a colicky baby and cried all the time, LOL! The "mother heartbeat" seemed to work better though! :-)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Awww.......you're gonna have a Classical Musician!! LOL Seriously, we read ALL the time through both pregnancies and then ever since they were tiny and both of mine are voracious readers!!!! Plus we've always had a close bond that has held even though they're teenagers!!

I experienced the same as Bee......mine did love to hear the little stuffed animal with the "heartbeat" in it and calmed better with that. It's so good to hear an update!! Hugs!!

Annette said...

Hey Jennie,

That is awesome you had a great time with you mom. What city does she live in? I am in Central NC in Asheboro. When we move in a few months, I will be about 30 minutes from Charlotte. Maybe one of your visits if you are up to it we can hook up! So happy for you and your hubby, you are going to make wonderful parents!
Annette

Heather the Mooselover said...

Glad you enjoyed the week at your mom's. I liked to play classical music when I was pregnant too.

divider

divider