Saturday, July 4, 2009

Some Pretties...

Today, Abby and I went out for a few hours so that daddy could take a nap. Unbeknownst to momma...Abby did wake up last night....though mommy didn't. I was very excited this morning thinking she slept through the night. Well daddy quickly informed me that wasn't the case. So to be nice, we went to the Farmer's Market in Watkinsville and bought some yummy bread from my friend Vanessa.

Then we decided to go to the local quilt shop. I wasn't supposed to buy anything...however they were having 60% off and I picked up 2 magazines and some fabric. Well one of the mags had a tutorial on how to make pot holders and I have always wanted to do that....so before going to the 4th of July party...Abby and I made them.

They aren't perfect but they are pretty cute. Abby was sitting so nicely next to Rocky and right at the last stitch...I looked over and his claw was hanging out of her arm. She was more scared of me yelling at him then the actual scratch. Not sure what happened, but I think she tried pulling his tail or something.

5 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Those look great! Hope Abby wasn't hurt by the cat's claw! Poor thing.

Annette said...

I can't believe you whipped up these two potholders before going to a party, you are a fast sewer! They are cute and I love the different fabrics. Hey, as long as they keep you from burning yourself that is all that matters but they look pretty perfect to me!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Very nice!

You are a protective Mama ;)

rubberstampinzone said...

love the pot holders. you sure are talented. I could never just whip something up. I'm terrible at sewing.

rubberstampinzone said...

love the pot holders. you sure are talented. I could never just whip something up. I'm terrible at sewing.

divider

divider