Friday, September 26, 2008

Clear Card Design

After taking the class at Archivers I thought I would try to make my own clear cards. I am not sure if I like this one or not. I was trying to do a vintage challenge with a modern twist. I don't have any white Staz-on so I used brown Brillance instead. Not sure if it will dry all the way.

The picture is of my eldest aunt as a baby. I originally was going to put inside....let's eat. But instead I used my I want my fairy Godmother Stamp.

I went to Office Max a couple of days ago....I wanted to find some transparencies....I was looking for .7. Well they don't have as much of a variety anymore....and boy were the boxes expensive. So the guy directed me back to the printing shop and I talked with Katie who was working. She showed me the clear plastic that they use for the report covers. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. She charged me only .09 each.....I think the acetate at Archivers was 4 sheets for 3.99. YIKES.

Hopefully, I can still get a good deal next time I go...as it seemed that the covers were the perfect thickness and I only asked for 10 of them.

7 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Such a cute card, Great tip about the transparency sheets. That sounds like a great deal!

Sara Peatross said...

I love that card! So perfect. I will have to track down a printing shop and see if they have the report covers. I know what office depot has doesn't work well and the archiver's stuff is very expensive.

Annette said...

Jennie this is beautiful! I ordered some of the acetate sheets today at Gayle's TAC party. I can't wait to get them. I just love how this turned out!!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this is soooo elegant!!! I also love the acetate look, just reallllllly gotta be patient for the ink to dry!!! LOL

Deb said...

Too cute, I love it with the brown!!

Scraprageous said...

beautiful card. I am always impressed with the acrylic cards (though mine never look so good)

btw - my kitties are sending their regards - they think the bed looks like such a nice comfy place.

Send gifts to Pakistan said...

Beautiful card.

divider

divider