Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birthday Glitter


I am finding that doing sketches is a lot harder than I thought.  However, that is what makes it so fun.  Since participating as part of the Twisted Sketches design team....I have been a bit stumped.  If you know anything about me...it is that I am not very good at following directions.  Usually when I make a card it just kind of happens.  A little here and a little here.  So it has been such a change for me to do the sketches...especially with the twist.

This week the twist was  glitter.  I ended up making 4 totally different cards before I came up with onne liked.  I will do a posting later of the 3 that didn't make the cut.  However, the one that I loved is for my baby girl's birthday.  She is going to be 2 tomorrow.  A Halloween baby to boot.

I first was t hinking of making this card a Christmas card as I used my Xyron machine to put sticker glue all over red paper.  I thought with the added glitter it would look like snow.  However, it gave the paper a soft pink look.  Then as I was looking through my embellishments I found the perfect Sentiment sticker.  Princess...as my baby is definitely a princess.

Thanks for looking and I hope you try this sketch as it has turned out great.  Everyone's cards are a bit different and I love that. 

Have a great day.

3 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

I love that this card is for your baby girl, too sweet. I agree, the little sentiment is perfect! Happy birthday to your sweet little goblin! : )

Muckyfingers said...

Very pretty card :) xx

Anne said...

Hi there old friend- so glad to see you making cards again!! Thanks for the photo of little Abby- my she is getting big and is just so darn cute!

divider

divider