Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Break from School

Well, I have my first test this week in accounting....we are supposed to have all of our assignments done before hand otherwise we get a 0 on the test. Not good...luckily for me...I only had 1 assignment to do. The bad thing is that I did it and still missed a big portion. Some reason I am having problems with stocks and selling after trying to figure out cash/stock dividends and all that stuff. So I will try again tomorrow. Luckily we just need to submit the work and not have it 100% before taking the test. However, it helps to get a good grade on the test.

Yesterday, Sheldon and I watched Rush Hour 3. While watching the movie I decided to create. I made a gift for a friend. I used a plastic wrap method....everything is adhered to the board using plastic wrap as the adhesive....that and an ironing board. Besides burning the paper, almost burning myself several times, and worrying about dropping the iron on the floor...it was a fun technique. And it works....everything is sticking.


Today, I made a couple of projects....one I cannot show...yet! It is for a card contest swap that I joined. So...in a couple of weeks....vote on PCMB. Of course you won't know which one is mine...but I would want you to vote for me. LOL

Finally, tonight (around 11:30) I was watching a Twinking H20's youtube tutorial. So I asked Sheld if he was going to be up for awhile....as it was a minimum of half an hour to get the supplies to set up. So I made this card. I like the way it turned out and have several images to use now. It is cool because it gave me a new technique....

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Have a great night or morning! Jennie

11 comments:

Beth said...

What a wonderful and clever project! I had never heard of using plastic wrap as an adhesive. Of course, since I have a terrible "ironing allergy" it might not be for me- teeheehee. As for the Twinkling H20's card- Beautiful! Definitely, inspiring me to go get my never used goodies and put them to work!

Heather said...

I likke both cards. Twinkling H2O's are so fun to work with. And I love the shoes and such on the first card.

krittertrey said...

Just found your blog. I am stuck in In. but am from Ga. but HATE the Ga. Bulldogs-WAR EAGLE!!!! Traci

Janine said...

Thanks for visiting my site... Nice work you have done here.

Fabrizio said...

The tour Eiffel card is beautiful ! Thanks for visiting my blog Jen. Keep on creating your magic ! Fab X

Katie said...

Hi Jennie, great cards! Love all the bling on the first one. Katie

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Oh how cute! LOVE that cat!

Dana said...

This is fantastic! I love the sparkle and the lo, and the colors too!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Jenny, Love your twink card! It's gorgeous! I'll look for your card to be in the contest, I can sometimes recognize different people's styles and can sometimes guess whose card is whose before Cheryl announces them.

Lee said...

I love your plastic wrap card...I've never tried that!! It's so fun!! And the Eiffel Tower is beautiful....I should watch that youtube tutorial....I love my Twinkling H2O's but don't use them much as I'm obviously challenged!! LOL

Speedystamper said...

FANTASTIC! Love, love, love that Paris card. TFS!

divider

divider