Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I have been tagged....

My blogger friend Deb tagged me awhile ago...back in December. I have been a bit slow about getting to it. So I guess here we go....

This is my first tag and I am supposed to answer 7 things about myself. This will probably be more than you ever wanted to know.....
  1. I am extremely shy...but nobody believes me. Growing up I wouldn't answer the teacher if called on in class. I am a lot better but overall am still really shy.
  2. I "met" my husband a few years before we really met. I worked at a real estate office and he bought his house from there. I thought he was pretty nerdy. I always tell him that he is nerdy...but what I don't tell him is that I like nerds. Which he should have figured out by now...since we are married.
  3. I was born in Chicago, moved to Washington State when I was 8, California when I was 19, back to Washington at 23, then to Georgia at 30. And in another year or will move again. And that wasn't due to military either. :)
  4. I have an older sister and a younger brother. They both have 2 boys. So I guess when it is time for dh and I have to have kids we better have a girl.
  5. I used to be a perfectionist when it came to creating....when I first started I would take hours on 1 card. I realized part of that was being afraid to create. Now I just go for it. If there is a mistake, I see it as part of the creativity. I still compare myself a lot with others...and am learning to accept my own creativity and talent and not worry so much about others. It is hard though when there are so many creative and talented people out there. I always want to be the best. :) I guess as long as Sheldon thinks I am...then I am happy.
  6. 3 out of the last 5 companies I have worked at have gone out of business since I have left. LOL I am not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign. It is a killer, looking for a job though....luckily I have some really good letters of reference. Also, before meeting my husband, 3 of the guys I dated married someone within 6 months of us breaking up. One guy, I told, don't worry...you will find someone....everyone does...and sure enough when I talked to him a few months later he met a great girl.
  7. I want to be a writer and like other parts of my life I am a bit afraid.....my mom just bought me a couple of books on writers for graduation and it is helping me. I have been doing some freeform writing. But, overall, they say that people aren't afraid of failure as much as they are of success.

Thanks for reading 7 things about me...now I guess I need to tag a couple of people....I think I am going to tag both Heidi and Katie....LOL They tagged me, but it is on another totally different subject. Check out their blogs...they are both very talented.

Heidi amazes me with her work and making cards with embossed images...I never know what to do with them and she comes up with fantastic ideas. Katie is really blossoming, she has started teaches classes at a scrapbook store in her area and really finding a niche.

5 comments:

Lee said...

I enjoyed learning a little more about you!! Perfectionism is definitely a tough one to overcome, but I'm learning to let go of it too and just enjoy the creating now!! I hope you get good news of job soon!!!

Silke said...

I liked reading your 7 random facts
...You sound like a fun person to know!!!

Guess what - I also live in GA!!!
I moved to Statesboro (GSU) almost 2 years ago....

Maybe will run into each other one day...

chelemom said...

Hey you were a fellow Chicago gal? I am from the southside!

BJ said...

Hey there. Love your ideas. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have bookmarked you and I'll be back :)

Dana said...

Loved reading about you, Jen. I always find people's quirks so interesting!
Good luck with the writing thing! You can do ti!

divider

divider