Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Cards & Announcement!!

Hi,

Yesterday, I went for my job interview. I found out that they didn't have a specific opening but wanted me to put a resume and application on file. They like to preinterview for jobs that might come up. Oh well!!!!

Sheldon on the other hand....was offered a job which he took. It is nice because it is only 5 minutes from the house and will be an interesting job. He will be doing research for the EPA on effects of nanoparticles from cosmetics on groundwater & surface water.

So that is a big strain off of us financially...he will still be able to work on his dissertation as they will be flexible with hours and such.

Today, was a try and get all my homework done day. I finished my social work but am still a bit behind on accounting. I am a bit brain dead again. I don't think I have ever done this much homework. I should have excpected that since they are both online classes. This afternoon Sheld and I went to Joann's and I found a great deal on paper...$20.00 packs on sale for $5.

Here are a couple of cards I made today.

One is for my nephew's birthday. He turned 9 this year...wow!!!



The other one was using one of my new $ stamps from Joann's.

I entered both of these into Paper Crafts Magazine's online monthly contest. It was using clear stamps. I have never one of their contests yet...but I will keep trying.

Thanks for looking. Jennie

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Jennie, very cute cards. The monkey is very cute! Congrats to you both on Sheldon's new job! Good luck with all that school work! Katie

Lee said...

Very great news about dh's job!! Adorable cards!! Happy b-day to your nephew! Keep us posted about the contest!! I didn't know there were online contests and stuff.......how cool is that!!!

divider

divider