Friday, February 22, 2008

Creativity is back...


at least for the moment. :) I hate to admit it...but I love to be under pressure. I mistakenly missed a deadline on a swap. So I had to quickly make the recipe cards and of course I am very creative when I am under pressure. I guess it is because I cannot put it off. I read the book about a month ago, but I wasn't quite sure how to make the recipe cards. I find them harder to do than regular cards. I always wantt o put cool embellishments that match--but for some reason I can never think of anything.

The other day I had printed out a picture of one of my stamping friend's dog that she put up in the gallery. I wanted to make her a card. So while watching a movie with Sheldon last night I started to get an idea. First I asked Sheldon to draw and cut me out some wings. Then I used some new bling that I received from my SS. After that I decided to find some paper to use....I wanted to keep the background simple and had to decide on whether to use the black or pink for the mat. I am glad that I used the pink behind the dog which I ran through my cuttlebug. It took me a couple of choices on which direction to place image as the wings are way too big. Then because I cut off her front feet because they looked weird, I had to cover them up and I had a great sentiment from SU that I had froma previous project.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. You can see why I keep most of my creative process under wraps.

Have a great day. Jennie

11 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

The receipe card is great and love how you did the card with the picture of your friend's dog.

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

What a fun recipe card! Awesome!

Heather said...

Great recipe card and I LOVE those Hannah Swenson mysteries too! New one I think came out this month.

denise said...

That's an interesting swap- you print a recipe AND a book review? That's 2 of my favorite things (besides stamping!)!

Your dog page is adorable too- those dogs are perfect for scrapping because they're so goofy - large wings and all, they look good no matter what you do to them!!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful recipe card and I love what you did with the dog card....how fun and creative!

Crafty Connie said...

Your recipe card and the recipe are just delightful. The pic of your friend's dog is adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Come back anytime.

Lauren said...

These are so cool. Thanks for sharing.

Lee said...

Awww...........too cute!! And I love making recipe cards.......but I have to hold back as I can go overboard on the bling!! LOL

CreativeMoonBeam said...

Fun cards! Your recipe card is especially pretty. I like how you added the texture with the circle. Love the detail. :)

Deb said...

This doggie card is adorable, I love all the bling especially the collar, she is totally going to love it!! The recipe card is cute too, love the DP perfect for chocolate!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really love my Abby card Jennie...you're just too - too terrific!! Thanks again!

Jacque ~.~

divider

divider