Friday, February 22, 2008

Recycled Card & update on my strike.


Just wanted to share a quick card I just made. (I am procrastinating again on doing my accounting homework.) Sheldon and I went ot lunch after going to Hobby Lobby. We picked up the weekly newsletter to read...and instead of tossing it afterwards, I decided to bring it home and cut it up. So I created a card with the newsletter and some other items I had. Not all of it is recycled...but I feel a bit better than tossing the paper. I wouldn't use white background next time. It is a bit of a contrast. But overall I like the card. I was searching through images I had received from someone and these doggies go perfect.


TFL

Jennie

OBTW....I didn't buy ANYTHING at Hobby Lobby. I tried a couple of things...but I asked Sheldon and he said it would count towards my strike. LOL I wanted to buy a rotary cutter so that I could cut fabric. But that is going onto my 30 day wait list first. Especially since I probably won't try for awhile. I was going to pick up the CB butterfly set...but they didn't have them. I guess Hobby Lobby doesn't carry any paper making kits. So I couldn't use my 40% off coupon that I had. So I did good...not even a magazine.

10 comments:

My Paper World said...

Wow! Beautiful work you made with your recycled news letter!

Glee said...

You went to Hobby Lobby and didn't buy anything???? WOW...you are strong, Girl! Good for you!

I love the card, Jennie....especially how you recycled! I am impressed!

Enfys said...

Beautiful work, I just love those dogs under the dryers.You made me go all weak at the knees just THINKING of HL - only another 5 weeks and I will be back in the US, hitting those shops.

Lee said...

Very creative with the newsletter card!! And waaaaaaaaaaay to go on the willpower!!!! :)

Lesli said...

Great cards - I really enjoyed looking at your blog!

Leanne said...

You Got Some Great Work Here...

Keep Up The Good Work.. And Keep Blogging.

Love Leanne
x

punknscrap said...

Stay strong Girl...good on you!
I love the recycled card.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Jennie, Love that recycled card. It's so cute, I love those dogs under the dryer.

Tina said...

Great job on your cards. And the willpower to resist purchases at HL.

Kristine said...

This card is cute! Loved the look of the dark colors and that cuttlebugged front but when I saw the inside I totally laughed. VERY CUTE!! Love those dogs in curlers. GREAT CARD, Jennie!!

divider

divider