Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Solar Eclipse and more!


Hi, Sheldon told me earlier today that there was going to be a solar eclipse...and at 9:30 he reminded me...so at 10:30 I threw on a sweatshirt over my shorts and tank top and told him to meet me down there. LOL....I figured we would be the only ones out there, but to my dismay the neighbor was walking his dog....and he got to see my bright white legs. :) However, once the cloud moved over off of the moon it was gorgeous. It looked light a layer of copper was over the moon.

I don't think the pictures do the sight justice. But we just have a really basic camera and I wanted to capture the moment. The other times there have been solar experiences we usually forget or go to bed too early. So I wanted to remember our first one.

Hope you were able to see it too....you western states probably missed it.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture!!! We saw a very hazy bit of the eclipse thru clouds and after it had already peaked. Usually we keep up on these but heard nothing about it this time!! Thanks for sharing....I think it's a very pretty photo!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

We saw it and tried to take pics too. They didn't turn out too well. That is funny about your white legs... mine are so white too, I desperately need some sun!

divider

divider