Saturday, March 15, 2008

Using Scraps

I have been having problems with my scrap organization....or should I say...it has been getting too full and I have been unable to add any more. LOL So I saw on someone's blog a different technique. I was putting all of mine inside file folders that were placed in a portable file box. But Thursday, I went and bought at the dollar store some of those 8.5x11 drawer. Use receive 3 drawers for $6.00. So I bought 4 of them. I haven't transfered all of my scraps yet...as I am afraid I will overfill the drawers too quickly. However, I had an overflow of scraps....I think it took me a couple of hours to sort and place it into the drawers. So I am all caught up on that...and I took all scraps for my newst atcs.....Holiday Frog. :)

4 comments:

Lee said...

Oh you and me both!! I'm still trying to figure out a good way for me to organize all my scraps! But I think now I'll just wait until we move!! Good for you for keepin' at it........seems like you've got a winner!!!

Ana Baird said...

Love the drawers! I keep my scraps sorted by colors in clear plastic pockets. Many thanks for your comments on my craft area and for visiting my blog.

Heather said...

I hope you'll let us know how your new scrap organization system works for you.

I have colored folders for large scraps and a small clear coupon file for the small ones. I found that it made me use my little pieces and saved the bigger ones for bigger projects.

Crafty Connie said...

Great scrap organization idea.

divider

divider