Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grumpy Gertie and other yummies for Abby...


Grandma Susan has been working on a wonderful gift package for Abby. I sure how she appreciates all of this one day. I absolutely love and appreciate it. It was so fun opening up the box and seeing everything that was in there. Plus, I hope one day I can sew as well as she can.

She took a thrift store find doll and turned her into a priceless keepsake. I couldn't believe that she was the same doll. The outfit is a bit warm for our 80 degree weather right now...but I don't want to change her into another outfit. (Grandma even knitted the hat.) Plus she made a pinafore and a couple of other little pieces for her. So cute.

For Miss Abby she made her a pair of baby shoes. We had done a bunch of web hunting one day and grandma took back with her a bunch of patterns...and this is what we came up with. I don't know off the top of my head who created the original pattern. I will try to find out and post it here. I know that we found probably about 10 different patterns. The shoes are darling and they fit her....though Abby has her daddy's feet...short and wide.

She also included an Easter Bunny and a darling box filled with all of Grumpy Gerties clothes. We also found a few other dolls along the way and grandma will create outfits as she goes....One is Happy Hannah, and then 2 cabbage patch dolls...a boy and a girl. I cannot remember there names. If we are even luckier maybe grandma will write some stories to go....you can see that we came up with Grumpy Gertie at the same time we came up with Crabby Abby. We figure when she is older she will get a kick out of Grumpy Gertie but get upset with Crabby Abby.

No comments:

divider

divider